About US :
The Multi commodity exchange of india restricted (MCX), India’s 1st listed exchange, may be a progressive, commodity derivatives exchange that facilitates on-line trading, and clearing and settlement of commodity derivatives transactions, thereby providing a platform for risk management. The Exchange, that started operations in November2003, operates beneath the restrictive framework of Securities and Exchange Board of india (SEBI).
MCX offers trading in varied commodity futures contracts across segments together with bullion, industrial metals, energy and agricultural commodities. The Exchange focuses on providing commodity worth chain participants with neutral, secure and clear trade mechanisms, and formulates quality parameters and trade rules, in conformity with the restrictive framework. The Exchange has an intensive national reach, with 671 registered members and fifty one,148 Authorised Persons with its presence in additional than 1200 cities and cities across india as on thirty June, 2017. MCX is India’s leading commodity derivatives exchange with a market share of 89.93 per cent in terms of the worth of commodity futures contracts listed in Q1, FY 2017-18.
To ease participation, the Exchange offers facilities like calendar-spread facility, as conjointly EFP (Exchange of Futures for Physical) transactions that permits participants to swap their positions within the futures/ physical markets. The Exchange’s flagship index, the MCXCOMDEX, may be a period of time composite commodity futures indicator which supplies data on market movements in key commodities. different indices developed by the exchange embodyMCXAgri, MCXEnergy, MCXMetal and downfall Indices. MCX has been certified with 3 ISO standards, ISO 9001:2008 Quality Management System, ISO 27001:2015 data Security Management commonplace and ISO 14001:2004 surroundings Management commonplace.
With associate aim to seamlessly integrate with the worldwide commodities system, MCX has cast strategic alliances with leading international exchanges like CME cluster, London Metal Exchange (LME), Dalian commodities market(DCE) and Taiwan commodities exchange (TAIFEX). The Exchange has conjointly tied-up with numerous trade bodies, corporates, instructional establishments and R&D centres across the country. These alliances modify the Exchange in up trade practices, increasing awareness, and facilitating overall improvement of the artifact market.
MCX’s ability to use and apply technology with efficiency may be a key think about the event of its business. The exchange’s technology framework is intended to produce high accessibility for all essential parts, that guarantees continuous accessibility of commercialism facilities. The strong technology infrastructure of the exchange, along sideits with fast customisation and preparation capabilities permits it to work with efficiency with quick order routing, immediate trade execution, trade news, period of time risk management, market police investigation and market knowledge dissemination.
The Exchange is committed to nurturing communities that area unit important for the event of its business. to realize its goal of inclusive growth, it collaborates with numerous partners. Gramin Suvidha Kendra, its social inclusion programme in partnership with india Post, seeks to reinforce farmers’ worth realisation from agricultural activities.
MCX has been ceaselessly raising the bar through effective analysis and merchandise development, intelligent use of data and technology, innovation, thought leadership and moral business conduct.
MCX is India’s No. one exchange with associate undisputed leadership position and provides the commodity systemparticipants with a platform for economical value discovery and value risk management.
The last 20 years have seen extraordinary modification within the method we tend to live our lives, and within the role of technology in shaping our world. MCX has been a part of this developing story from the beginning.
- MCX awarded the ‘Best Commodity Exchange Of the Year’ 2016-17 by CPAI
- Best Promising Commodity Exchange 2017’ by IBJA – March, 2017
- MCX honoured with ‘Exchange Of The Year’ award by ASSOCHAM – March, 2017
- MCX has been awarded as the ‘Best Bullion Exchange 2016’ by ASSOCHAM on the 29th of September, 2016.
- MCX was honoured with the ‘Best Commodity Exchange’ Award 2016 at the Bullion Federation Global Convention
- Overcoming many hurdles, MCX climbs a rung to be world’s 6th largest commodity futures exchange in 2015, going by the number of contracts traded
- MCX won the Best Commodity Exchange Award at the 14th Commodity Futures Market Summit & Excellence Awards, organized by ASSOCHAM – February 2016
- MCX won the Best Commodity Exchange Award at the India International Bullion Summit organised by IBJA.
- MCX has been honoured with ‘Exchange Of the Year for Investor Education and Awareness Award’ by the Commodity Participants Association of India (CPAI) – May 2015.
- MCX and CME Group sign Memorandum of Understanding -July 2015
- Joint viability study of International Finance Service Center in India to be conducted
- Existing licensing agreement on energy futures settlement prices renewed
- MCX Signs MoU to establish an international exchange with India’s first International Financial Services Center (IFSC) at GIFT City -August 2015.
- Kotak Mahindra Bank Ltd acquired 15% equity stake in the company on September 2014
- Highest daily turnover of INR 1,19,941 crore achieved on April 15, 2013 (since inception)
- MCX underwent significant changes during 2013-14; changes in top management and board
- World’s 3rd largest commodity futures exchange in terms of the numbers of contracts traded in CY2012*
- Became India’s first listed exchange on March 9, 2012
- India’s first exchange to report its sustainability performance since FY 2009-10.
- Euronext, NV., Alexandra GLG, Passport Capital, Merrill Lynch holdings, ICICI, Kotak Mahindra, New Vermon, ILFS and Citigroup acquired stakes in MCX
- Granted membership of the International Organization of Securities Commissions (IOSCO) – 2008
- In June 2006, forged an alliance with the India Post to extend benefits of the exchange to farmers through Gramin Suvidha Kendra, its social inclusion programme.
- In June 2006, became India’s largest commodity exchange
- Entered into several strategic alliances with global exchanges such as LME and NYMEX
- Incorporated in April 2002
- Commenced operations in November 2003
- First in India to initiate evening trading session to coincide trading timing with international markets- 2003
- Incorporated in April 2002